Sunday, June 3, 2007

in a city by the sea




Dear Opie,

My crafting this weekend consisted mostly of knitting on the neverending dress. Thankfully it was Hilltop knit night so I was able to knit at a pub with my funloving coworkers. They are quite supportive of the dress which is good, as I don't have a vision of how it's going to actually turn out. I really need to figure out what I'm putting under it. A little birdie told me Nordstrom is having a big sale this Wednesday. I'm thinking I need a dress and a bathing suit...

I also spent a lot of time going through the sewing supplies left to me from my Grandma. I now have more ribbon and trim then I ever thought I would. Not to mention sewing thread and bobbins. I find little slips of paper with names of quilts like "drunkards path" and I don't want to throw them away.

I am wearing two slips today, one is completely hidden except for maybe a little bit of white lace poking out and the other is a half slip that we started to dye at your place and I finished off here. Now it's more of that deep terracotta/rusty orange I was going for. I'll try to add a pic (when I'm not at work). Slips are so perfect for coverage on these hot, windless days. I only have one pair of shorts and they're not really work appropriate anyway.

It's going to be a slow day at the shop. It's gorgeous outside and summer sales are on. I'm dreaming of the things I'd be doing if I weren't here. Baking a pie. Finishing off sewing that poppy skirt I started last year. Sorting my grandmas' buttons to make something from the Japanese book I bought at Uwajimaya.



Instead, I'm here, so I think I'll practice my crochet. That's something I can do that is a good use of my time. Bikini anyone?

I hope you are enjoying the sunshine, that it warms your heart and makes the gold underneath all that shine a bit brighter.

love,

k a t

p.s. If that slip fits me- I'll take it! Why don't you try selling it at your booth first though? I want you to have a good amount of stuff there so people get the idea of what you're about.

No comments: