Tuesday, June 19, 2007

fight till we're free

Hey there,

I promise I'm still here. Well you know that, because I did get to see you recently, albeit for much too short of a visit. I just don't feel quite all here. I keep wondering if I have "bride brain", I imagine it to be like "baby brain" but obviously without the baby. I feel flighty and confused. It's not like bridezilla, I'm not even focused enough to boss people around.

It's a good thing I know how relaxing Woodstock is. Even with a wedding going on I can't imagine being stressed out while I'm there. As the days stretch out long there, full of pie baking and swimming holes.

Meanwhile there is so much to do here still. Little things, but lots of little things. I'm going to bring some craft stuff to make party favors with. I don't know why that matters to me, but all of a sudden it does. I want to make flowers from the rick rack and buttons my grandma left me. I want her to somehow be a part of all this.

I know I haven't asked much of you yet, but believe me, I get a lot of comfort just from knowing that you are there. That you are willing to help with anything. That you will be there to help me be ready to walk down that aisle, the way I was for you.
All these years we've been friends, looking forward to sharing these huge events together and now they are happening. I am so glad to know you'll be next to me for them.

Love,

k a t

No comments: