Monday, May 28, 2007

On drinking and slips...

Dear Kat,

Why O' why do I go out drinking on nights when I need to be productive the next day? I am not sick or even very hung over, but I am feeling a bit on the wobbly side and am wishing I would have come home with John when he left at around 11. I did not. It was my turn to sing next, and it was Patsy Cline, and I had my drink to finish! I got a ride with Mikey (John's best friend was visiting today) to the Beaver after that, and he thoroughly schooled me in air hockey. At the end, there were dumplings and bottles of water, but I'm wishing I had imbibed less booze and more H2O.

So, here I am, wobbly and wanting more sleep, with a pup who doesn't want me to have it, and I can't find my phone. I'm pretty sure it's in the car with John, since I didn't bring it into the bar last night. That means I'll have to take the truck and drive out to T-Mo before I hit the thrift stores, which is what I'm doing today.

I am going to find some more slips and dye them all a bit differently today, and see if I can find a good color combo to go with the gorgeous purpley/maroonish ones I dyed. I found this website and read through what I could find there about dyeing Nylon and Nylon blend fabric before I did the RIT dye, and I have to tell you, I think I will be getting some acid dye at Northwest Handspun today. I used the stovetop directions on the RIT dye though, and it said to dissolve the dye in 2 cups hot water with one cup of salt before adding it to the dyebath. I boiled some water in the kettle while I was getting my huge dyepot heated up, dissolved the dye and the salt, and added a tablespoon of laundry detergent to the large pot like the directions said. When the salt was dissolved a bit and the pot was steaming hot, I put the dye in and mixed it all around, and then added the slips. You're supposed to stir it constantly for about 30 minutes, and while I didn't do that, I did stir it pretty often.

I'm still new to all this peek-toor hosting on t3h intarwebz, so when I figure out why Flickr isn't allowing me to upload the pics I took of the slips, I will post those pics here for you to look at. I'm pretty sure the one I love that doesn't fit me will fit you, so you can give me a hint as to what you would like done to it and I will get it worked up!

Ok, I need about another hour or so of sleep before thrift store shopping, so I'm going to go crash back out. Hope Folklife is lots of fun today! I love you!

No comments: