Sunday, May 27, 2007




Dear Opie,

I so enjoyed spending my holiday weekend with you! (Some holiday, as I'm back at work on a Sunday already... but I digress.) I walked home from the greyhound a little weirded out to be back in a big city again. A place where people don't look each other in the face on the street. A place where almost nobody knows your name.

As I arrived home and drew myself a bath, I ate a cinammon Poptart for dinner and listened to my very favorite podcast. Brenda Dayne's Cast On. I reflected on how pleased I was to see you surrounded by friends in a place I used to call home. Bellingham has many temptations and actually running into people one knows and likes, without a lot of planning and coordination, is a big one for me. Seattle seems to require more forethought than that easy meandering I felt in Bellingham.

I'm also fired up by all the crafting we got into. My head is spinning with thoughts of silky dyed dresses embellished with felt flowers or pins, lace and ribbon, buttons or bows... I'm a little sad I've already comitted to going to Folklife Festival tomorrow as I don't know when I'll find time to make my crafting a reality. I wish all my crafts were as portable as knitting on the bus is.

1 comment:

Secret Agent Peanut, aka Stephanie said...

I found myself wishing that as well when I got ready for my work meeting yesterday. I knew I'd be there for hours, so I was looking for something to take with me to work on while everyone else was talking, but most of my projects lately are of the non portable variety.

Love you!